This lovely lad, Finn Brownbill creator of Finnblogs has nominated me for a Liebster award. This is a great way of promoting up and coming blogs, as it can be so difficult to get noticed in the great big internet world. I’m very proud of Velvet, and that someone’s enjoyed it enough to nominate it, or even if they just needed an extra space-filling. So basically the rules for this award is as follows:
Rules For Nominees
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
- Post 11 new questions for you nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees in your post and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated
So these are the questions Finn asked me, with my answers:
1. What are you listening to right now? Or what most recently listened to?
I’m currently listening to Lady Jesus’ new track Wicked Game, it’s an absolute stomper.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?
There’s so many places I’d love to go to. I definitely want to go to Australia for the sun, the waves and the accent! But I’d just as equally love to go to Sweden, Denmark or The Netherlands. Their architecture is amazing plus they’re all home to very friendly people as I know several people from these regions.
3. When’s the happiest you have ever been?
I can’t remember. The happiest I’ve been recently would have been when I was last in my local record store. It’s a second home to me. The staff are super friendly and the shop smells of vinyl, it’s just perfect.
4. What is the best present you have ever received?
The best present I’ve ever received would probably be my record player off of my sister. She payed for half, but it’s still my favourite thing on Earth.
5. If you could go back in time, would you change anything and why?
If I could go back in time, and change something about my life… I’d probably change nothing. Well, I’d try to give myself more courage to pursuit the things I loved and still do, rather than not try at all.
6. Poor and happy or rich and sad?
I’d give every last penny to be happy instead of being sad. A lifetime of happiness is better than a lifetime of sadness.
7. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
Probably obvious, but music. It’s what I start and finish my days with. I want music to be the basis of my future career, music journalism.
8. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
I think I’d either like to meet one of the suffragettes or the person who started the gay rights campaign. Both feminism and LGBT issues are of great importance to me and I’d love to be able to meet the people who started these fights for equality and thank them for having the courage to start.
9. If you could transport yourself into a film or book, which one would it be?
I’d probably transport myself in Looking For Alaska, so I could save her. It annoys me so much that they just let her go.
10. If you had to give up one of these three things, which one would it be?: Internet, Music, Sport.
Sport. As much as I love Badminton and Tennis, I rarely play either anymore so they wouldn’t be severely missed.
11. Would you rather have sex with a goat and nobody find out or not have sex with a goat but everybody thinks you have? (Haha sorry about this one, couldn’t resist)
What the actual hell. I think I’d rather everyone lie about it, than actually know myself that I’d had sex with a goat.
Now this is the tricky part, as I don’t really know any blogs, so instead I’m going to tag some randomers, and my mate Ian Jacob.
My nominees are as follows: